Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bout of Books: Tuesday


After the whirlwind of Monday, Tuesday was a fairly chilled out day. Work was manic (I had to act as 'director' for some videos my boss is making - it was basically an excuse to act really professional and be really critical which was brilliant) and then I had circuit training, watched Saturday's Dr Who (AWESOME - cybermen got cool) and finally sat down to read at about 9.30pm. Not quite the reading day I'd hoped for and I know today will be even worse.

On the plus side, this happened:





Tuesday's progress:


I've been reading: The Marlowe papers, If I Close My Eyes Now, The Winter of the World (poems)

Pages read: 94, about 16% of kindle (damn you, not having page numbers), 12 poems
Number of book related tweets: 8
Song of the day: Esmerelda by Ben Howard

I'm very pleased with my reading progress actually. I think I'm doing well though I'm still desperate to get on to Life After Life and I still have 200 pages left of The Marlowe Papers. We shall see...


After all that, I then fell asleep with my face in my book and forgot to set my alarm...excellent effort, Ellie.


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I am very pleased with your reading progress too! (*nudges that copy of Life After Life somewhere closer to the sight so as to motivate*) How's The Marlowe Papers? I'm guessing good, since you are not cursing and complaining.

    And that last bit of not setting the alarm - classic! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so desperate for Life After Life! WHY CAN'T I FINISH A BOOK?! Wait, I know why, stupid work and stupid life *grumble*. But, yes, The Marlowe Papers is very good. There are so many little Shakespearean things in it that I'm just loving.

      Classic yet foolish! :)

      Delete
  2. I feel like 94 pages is a respectable number! I may, in fact, have read less pages than that yesterday, so... Yeah, good wooooork! I have totally succumbed to TV this week more than I would in a normal week, and I just have to roll my eyes at myself for that because.... Duuuude, I'm such a contrary idiot.

    Anyway. MORE READINGGGGGGGGGG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just typical, the minute you are meant to read you don't want to do it. TV is such a distraction but one I struggle to avoid. Particularly when Dr Who is involved. Or anything else sci-fi or nerdy. I'm so easily pleased.

      Yes, READING.

      Delete
  3. Woo! You're doing really well! I hate that kindle's don't have page numbers, I just try to estimate :)
    I hope you manage to get on to Life After Life soon! Happy reading for today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a pain that some ebooks do and some don't. I never know whether I'm coming or going. Happy reading to you too :)

      Delete
  4. "Number of book related tweets: 8"


    Ha, I love that :) I hope that Wednesday is another good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tweet a lot and almost always about books! I hope you're having a good reading week :)

      Delete
  5. I did pretty well Tuesday, too, but today I've been a hot mess. I can't seem to settle down and read! I wish my Kindle gave me page numbers, too - what is a "location" anyway, and who would use such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so frustrating for you! Pfft, this 'location' nonsense. I did read what it was once but I've definitely forgotten...

      Delete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig