Monday 6 May 2013

Musing Mondays


MusingMondays5

Hosted by Should Be Reading


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.

• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!

• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!


I'm currently reading Save Me the Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald

Never one to stick to convention, I'm getting ready for the Gatsby release by reading the other Fitzgerald. Finally. I've been saying for a while that I can't wait to read this and then picking up something else. But, no more. I am ready to spread the Fitzgerald lovin'. And lovin' I think it will be. Well, a lovin' of sorts. I started this yesterday evening and I was shocked by the writing. It was not what I was expecting. It is beautiful, so beautiful, but so very dense. I'm going to hold back on an opinion so early on but, like the tease I am, I'm going to leave you with a wonderful quote which I think demonstrates the beauty and the density of Zelda's writing.

'Pomegranates in the leathery lacing of their foliage ripened outside the lattice to an exotic decor. The bronze balls of a mournful crepe myrtle at the end of the lot split into lavender tarlatan gurgles. Japanese plums splashed heavy sacks of summer on the roof of the chicken yard.'

Happy bank holiday Monday to my fellow Brits and a generally happy Monday to everyone else!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. hmmm...I am not sure I am up for too dense these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make me a bit nervous but I'm ever hopeful.

      Delete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig