Sunday 7 December 2014

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #5



1// Yoga I started doing bits of yoga here and there a while ago in an attempt to loosen up my hips and become more flexible. Even though I still find it incredibly hard as my muscles seem to be ridiculously tight, I'm loving the sense of calm it gives me. Plus I'm a sucker for a bit of muscle ache. Better than the calm and the aching though, is the opportunity to work towards a goal - one day I'll be able to do a downward dog with my whole foot touching the ground.

2// Taming the mane This week I finally had my hair cut for the first time since the start of the summer. It really needed it. I go to a walk-in place near work where they wash and cut with absolutely no extra fuss - I do not need my head massaging, thank you very much. Going to the hairdresser to me is like going to the dentist to others, but this place has such a 'bish bash bosh' vibe that I can almost handle it.

3// Station Eleven It seems to have been a week for this novel and I've certainly not been the only person reading it. I can barely put into words how incredible I think it is (I will try because I want to review it), even if it did freak me out a lot and make me worry that a sore throat I thought I was getting was actually the Georgia Flu. Yeh, I thought we were doomed for a moment there.

4// Writing You may have noticed that thing's have been a little more active around here recently and I think I'm almost ready to say that I've got my mojo back. It's been a difficult few months and it feels so good to be writing again and not only over here - I'm slowly starting to exercise my creative brain by writing a couple of other bits and bobs. I'd like to say that I'm so grateful you have all stuck around - thank you so much for always brightening my days.

5// Family time Seeing my family is starting to become a bit of a habit and I have to say it has been lovely. I've been back in Somerset this weekend for a wedding - the reception was in a marquee in our field (!) - and it's been brill to dress up and have a boogie with my nearest and dearest (even if some of the dancing should probably not have happened).

6// Compliments from elderly men At the wedding a lovely, if inebriated, chap I was stood by at the bar told me I had beautiful eyes and a beautiful smile. You've got to grab those moments whenever you can.

What about you, what made you happy this week?

twitter | facebook | pinterest | google+


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never really done yoga but I've heard that it's great for runners so I've always meant to get into it. Or pilates. I sometimes get problems with my lower back (a hangover from a hip injury two years ago) and I figure that anything that can help me be more flexible and/or have a stronger core can only be a good thing!


    Hurrah for kindly old men :) I often think it's nicer to get compliments from older people because it just seems like something they genuinely think rather than something that they're saying with an ulterior motive (I'm not as cynical as that makes me sound but you know what I mean...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought one in love with yoga over the last year. I'm the expert but I really enjoy it. Also, I've got to read Station Eleven!

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig