Saturday 20 December 2014

Last Minute Gifts: Books are Best

We've officially got less than a week until the big day and the days left for gift buying are very quickly slipping away. As book lovers we all know that books make the best gifts so I've bundled together my top picks for those last minute present-buying rushes. Grab yourself a pen, take a deep breath and then head on out to your local bookshop because there's something here for everyone.

For the Murakami obsessed:
The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami



For the fiction lover:
The Minaturist by Jessie Burton (Waterstones Exclusive Edition - because it's beyond beautiful)



For the loveable war nerd:
Secret Warriors by Taylor Downing



For the foodie:
Jamie's Comfort Food by Jamie Oliver



For the health conscious:
Nourish by Amber Rose, Sadie Frost, Holly Davidson



For the poet:
Hold Your Own by Kate Tempest



For the literary:
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Clothbound Classics)



For the traveller:



For the feminist thinker:



For the film buff:
What I Love About Movies by Laura Jenkins and David Jenkins



What books have you bought as gifts this year?


Don't forget to enter my giveaway or fill in my reader survey!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love that cover of What I Love About Movies (also I haven't heard of this one, thanks for introducing).

    We will be gifting one book this year. We bought Mitchell's The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet to Jan's mother, in Finnish. We both love this book and it's the kind that she might enjoy as well. The book is a BEAUT! I'll post photo tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I know this isn't the point of this post, but I may have just added a few of these to my wishlist... *hides in the corner*

    I've bought so many books this year I don't even know where to start! Landline by Rainbow Rowell, the first two books in Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series, John Cleese's autobiography, We Bought a Zoo for hubby (been looking for it for him for two years, since we watched the film!), a couple of graphic novels also for him and an Elizabeth Peters book for my mum. Oh and Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear for my grandma :-) There are probably more as well. Also secret santa presents....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, oops! That certainly wasn't my intention, but I always have the same problem with book lists. Looks like your family and friends are in for a treat this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a cool book, perfect if you're a fan of films.


    I've just seen the book on instagram - it looks beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig