Saturday 26 September 2015

Autumn || Things to Do



Autumn always seems to come with a huge array of events and things to see and do. Somehow I always feel like I have more energy to be out and about at this time of year. I guess that's to do with the cooling weather; autumn days seem much less languorous than summer days. I've come across so many exciting exhibitions and festivals so I thought I'd share with you a potential to do list for the next few weeks.

Head to a Literature Festival October is always host to a whole number of literature festivals including: Archway with WordsMarlborough Literature FestivalLondon Literature Festival, and Wimbledon Bookfest. I adore literature festivals and love to comb through programmes to see what tickles my fancy - I've got my eye on an event or two at Archway with Words this year.

Get some culture at an art exhibition There's nothing better when the autumn chill sets in than heading to a gallery to warm up. Thankfully there are plenty of exhibitions coming up that will make warming up a very enjoyable and cultural experience. I'm looking forward to the Goya portraits at the National Gallery and Bridget Riley at the Courtauld.

Spend a day in a museum I'm always talking about how much I love museums and I know this autumn I'll be making regular trips to my favourites. The Imperial War Museum is one of the top museums in London (in my humble opinion) and they're soon opening a photography exhibition which looks fascinating: Lee Miller: A Woman's War.

Get outside When the weather allows it I always try to spend as much time as possible in the great outdoors. I'll grab my camera, head to the local park and take plenty of snaps of fallen leaves and rust-red trees. It's even better when it's chill enough to see your own breath!

What will you be doing this autumn?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig