Sunday 13 September 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #35



1// Facial On Wednesday I took myself off to the Caudalie Boutique Spa in Covent Garden for a hydrating facial as an extremely belated birthday treat. I'm not usually one for that sort of thing (the touching makes me anxious), but it was actually really relaxing. Although apparently my shoulders are hella tense so I may have to do something about that!

2// Lest We Forget It's been a busy one this week. On Thursday I went to Sadler's Wells to see Lest We Forget, a new ballet inspired by the First World War. It was...um, let's say interesting. It was beautiful and some of the music was lovely, but I'm just not sure I get ballet.

3// The Paying Guests I finally got around to buying Sarah Waters's latest and I'm not regretting it one bit. I've not had much time to read this week so it took me a while to settle into it, but I love it. Particularly because it's post-WW1 era (always a winner for me, as you know).

4// Audiobooks If you follow me on twitter you will have seen me mention audiobooks a couple of times this week. I started an audible trial and decided to go with Wild by Cheryl Strayed as my first pick. I think I'm going to be an audiobook convert very soon.

5// My bestie's hen party I'm in a hotel in Bristol this weekend having the most relaxing time for my best friend's hen party. There has been much giggling, much chilling and many memories made.


What has made you happy this week? Share your link below and use #sharethehappy on twitter and instagram!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig