Thursday 17 September 2015

A Welcome Rest



This week so far has been wonderful. It has been crazy. It has been stressful. It has been, for lack of any better word, a complete whirlwind. Yesterday my best friend of many many years got married and I had the joy of being her Maid of Honour.

Last weekend was the Hen in Bristol, then I nipped back to London to get things done before driving back to Somerset very late on Monday ready to start the set up on Tuesday. Wednesday was the big day and, well, it was beautiful.

Today, M and I are driving from Somerset to Yorkshire to spend a couple of days in a lovely cottage in the middle of nowhere. After the past few weeks of craziness, this few days is a very welcome rest.  We've got books, we've got pjs and comfy clothes, and we have walking shoes for wandering around the fields. There won't be a 'Things That Made Me Happy This Week' post on Sunday as where we're going has no internet, but I'll be back next week refreshed and raring to go.

The book pile pictured above is my planned reading - I'm not going to have time to read them all, but I cannot wait to dig in. Noonday is going to be first for sure.

I do have one favour to ask of you all and that is in the form of recommendations. On Friday we're going to spend the day in York and I'm sure you know what I'm going to ask for: bookshop recommendations! If you know of any good ones, let me know.

Have a good week!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig