Wednesday 23 September 2015

The First Day of Autumn


Autumn is by far my favourite time of the year. I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it countless times more.

There are a whole load of tropes surrounding autumn, even more symbols and, dare I say it, a whole bunch of cliches too. When you strip back to basics and think about what autumn is in terms of nature, its all about change, nesting, gathering food for the winter, and preparing for the drop in temperature. To me that all suggests an opportunity for rejuvenation.

This year I will be making the most of the new season. I plan to spend even more time outside, walking and exploring, stomping through piles of leaves and layering vests and jumpers and scarves against the chill.

Whilst I'm spending time breathing in the fresh, crisp air, I'll be thinking about change and rejuvenation. I've been talking for a while now about needing to find a routine which inspires me and leaves me feeling good and I think the change in season is the perfect opportunity. Autumn for me is all about getting cosy and settling in - I can already feel this urge to nest creep over me, but I'm determined to hold it off a little longer so I can refresh my routines and have them in place before the need to nest truly takes over.

Over the next few weeks I'll be sharing a number of posts on this autumnal theme. I'm going to tackle my fitness routine and my eating habits (keep your eyes peeled for my favourite autumn recipes), and I'll also share my favourite autumn reads. Then who knows what else I'll be inspired to write about. Probably something homely and comforting!

Autumn is the final dance before the year starts to draw to its close - I encourage you to dance merrily, dance brightly and dance with vigour.

What does autumn mean to you?





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig