Sunday 24 May 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #20



1// Watching storms from the 8th floor I've been on late shifts this week and it has been tricky to say the least. One shift, though, was made half bearable by an amazing storm. My office is on the eighth floor so I had the perfect view of the lightening and of the post-storm double rainbow. Beautiful.

2// Journalling My new job is rather emotionally challenging. It's cancer, what did I expect? The other night I couldn't sleep because I had a conversation playing round and round in my head. Instead of staying up all night worrying, I sat up and wrote the conversation down. It made a huge difference and I know I'll be using that technique from now on.

3// Podcasts After work I sometimes feel too tired to read, but I don't want to waste the tube journey home. Instead of trying to focus on a book I downloaded a couple of podcasts, including Serial and a happiness one by Gretchen Rubin.

4// Cartel On Friday I went to see Cartel, one of my favourite bands, play the tenth anniversary tour of their first album. It was pretty much one of those dream come true moments and the highlight of my week.

5// Time in the country I'm currently at home in Somerset enjoying some much needed countryside time. It's very chilled and I'm feeling super relaxed. Sometimes a bit of time away is all you need.

What has made you happy this week? Share your link below!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig