Sunday 17 May 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #19

Lit Nerd Happy


1// New music I adore finding or being introduced to new bands/artists to listen to. Last weekend I was introduced to the band Slaves and I don't think I've stopped listening to them since. I've actually been almost thankful for my commute this week.

2// Fresh air Every day I spend a solid eight hours on the eighth floor of a hospital and just under two hours on the tube getting there and back. Suffice to say I've been gulping down the air every chance I get. This craving has led me to sleep with my window open and go for a run in the rain, which was so utterly refreshing.

3// A long-awaited theatre trip On Wednesday evening my sister and I went to the National Theatre to see Man and Superman. I bought us the tickets when the season went on sale months and months ago so I was excited for it to finally come around. It was a long play (just under four hours), but it was well worth it and I'm not just saying that because Ralph Fiennes was in it, either.

4// War and Peace I cannot believe how much I'm enjoying this! All week I've been looking forward to my tube rides and lunch breaks just to get another few pages in. It felt so good to pass the half way mark on Thursday. Tolstoy, I love you.

5// Road trips Yesterday I accompanied M to Bedworth. He was working there for the day so he dropped me in the town and I spent a few chilled out hours in Costa with copious amounts of coffee and my laptop. I then faced my fear of going to the cinema alone and went to see Pitch Perfect 2. It was nerve-wracking, but I'm so proud of myself for doing it.

Last week the lovely Bex from An Armchair by the Sea tweeted me to say she'd been inspired by these posts to do her own. That got me thinking. As much as I love listing my five things and reminding myself of the best parts of my week just gone, I also love to read about what has been making you happy. Some of you may know that I'm hoping to make Lit Nerd all about the happy and I'd love to involve you guys in that. So, to get this peppy party started I'm thinking of making TTMMHTW (that's a mouthful) into a weekly link-up.

I'd love to hear what you guys think and whether you'd like to join in! If you do and are keen to get started, pop a link to your happy things in the comments and we can start spreading the joy.

What has made you happy this week?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'd love to join in with this every week! I'll be posting at andheartsthatensured.blogspot.com 😊

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig