Friday 22 May 2015

Reading Europe





In a few short weeks my sister and I will be getting on the Eurostar to Belgium to start our two-week tour of Europe. This trip has been a long time in the planning (and saving), but one thing I haven't thought about yet is the books. I know, how very unlike me.

We're going to seven cities across five countries in sixteen days. There will be plane journeys, train journeys and a couple of buses. In other words, there will be plenty of opportunities for reading.

Now, many of you will know that I'm not a fan of being tied down when it comes to reading. I like to go with the flow and read as my fancy takes me, but, to break the habit of a lifetime, for this trip I am going to be relatively structured. I want to read a novel either set in each country I'm visiting or written by an author from that country. Sounds easy enough, right?

Wrong. I'm really struggling to think of exciting, engaging, unputdownable novels for each stop on our journey. So, I'm reaching out in the hopes that some of you may be able to make a suggestion or two.

The Itinerary:

Belgium (Ypres)
Germany (Berlin)
Austria (Vienna)
Croatia (Zagreb then to Pula)
Italy (Venice then to Verona)

Can anyone help? For Croatia I've already decided to read Girl at War by Sara Novic which seems to be taking the world by storm, but that's about as far as I've come.

I have a couple of non-fiction picks waiting in the wings of my kindle and I'll share those closer to the time. So, if you have any fiction recommendations, please start chucking them my way!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Have a wonderful time! I'm planning future travels too, so would love to know how you planned your trip. xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig