Sunday 18 January 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #11

1// Yoga Starting back at work after almost two weeks of not sitting at a desk for eight hours a day has been painful, to say the least. Most evenings this week I've got home and my shoulders have been tense, my back twingey, and my hips unbelievably stiff. Fifteen minutes of yoga later and I'm feeling relaxed, stretched out and seriously chill.

2// Writing this post on art in Station Eleven It's been a while since I really got stuck in to writing about a book. I loved writing this almost as much as I loved reading the book.

3// In Your Eyes I watched this film on Netflix last night and loved it.

4// Monday night takeaways It was my brother's birthday on Monday so he came to London to celebrate with a cider and a takeaway curry. Yum.

5// Reading from my sister's TBR I realised this week that I have a lot of classics and serious literary fiction on my TBR, but at the moment I'm in the mood for a good story that isn't too taxing and has a good cast of characters. I settled on The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and I'm really enjoying it so far.

What has made you happy this week?

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Oh The Night Circus is one of my favourite books ever,I hope you love it! I need to start getting back into some form of exercise, I used to do loads of running,swimming and yoga. Not since babies though :-( 2015 is the year to start up again I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read your blog - it just makes me want to do ALL THE THINGS, like go running, do yoga, see all the museums. I'd even consider yoga but I've been doing pilates for a long time now so I'll go with that for time being (is also very stretchy and good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I hope you love The Night Circus. It's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you following for your yoga? I have a good app but the least time it has is half an hour, it would be good to have something quicker for the morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking with someone last week who recommended that I could try a bit of yoga, and your post has encouraged me, so thank you. I will have to look up In Your Eyes, not sure I know that one at all. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found it has been really good for my mood/general well-being as much as it is slowly increasing my flexibility. I hope you have a good week too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the Yoga Studio app as they have a good range of session lengths and some aimed particularly at things like back pain or runners. They have a few 10 minute sessions that are great for the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I can see why, I'm hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not ;) I was torn between pilates and yoga when I first started dabbling. I'm not sure what made me stick with yoga (perhaps it's because there is less core work which I do enough of at the gym), but I would be interested to do a pilates class and see what I make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving it! I've got about 50 pages left and I was so tempted to 'accidentally' make myself late for work to finish it. Good luck if you decide to start up again! I'd love to do more swimming - it always feels so relaxing but hard work at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks. I looked it up but they don't do an android version :( maybe they will make them.

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig