Sunday 11 January 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #10

Happiness Project Lit Nerd







Happiness Project Lit Nerd
1// Time with my sister With the New Year bringing a quieter time in the catering business, my sister has been having a little more time off work, which means more time with me. Before Christmas the time we did have together we spent going out, being busy and exploring places. Now that we have a little more time to do that, we have also been enjoying some lazy evenings in front of movie in our lounge pants. Bliss.

2// Reading from my shelves So far this year all the books I've read have been from my shelves (I realise that's not saying much seeing as we're only on the 11th day of the year!). Not only that, they're also books that have been on my shelves for 6 months or longer (one had been waiting for 2 years - shocking behaviour).

3// Broadchurch The long anticipated second series of Broadchurch started this week and I couldn't be more excited. I don't often watch TV (I usually watch films if anything), but I could not miss this. It was a tense and emotional first episode and I'm looking forward to the rest. I do have to watch it on ITV player the following day, though, because 9pm is just too late for an oldie like me. Do you watch Broadchurch?

4// Getting back into a routine Being on holiday was absolutely wonderful, but after a while I always start craving my routine - mostly so I can keep on top of my exercise and eating habits. It's been tiring going back to my 6am wake-up call but I do secretly love it.

5// Pre-race nerves Today I am running a 10k locally and all week I've been really nervous about it. It's not an unknown distance for me or an unknown route, but because I've had a chesty cough I've not been able to train properly. My fitness is consistently at around a 10k level yet, even though I know I can do it, I've still been worrying. It didn't help when my physio heavily suggested that I should take it easy...oops. Nevertheless, just as I secretly love 6am starts, I also secretly love pre-race nerves. Weirdo, much?

What has made you happy this week?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Sister time must be nice. I only have brother and we have completely different interests, so I've never felt this kind of sibling closeness. I'm getting interested in what's this Broadchurch everyone's talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is nice, and I think I'm very lucky to be so close to her. It's such a good TV programme! It has David Tennant in it and I promise that's not the sole reason why I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww it must be so nice to spend some extra time with your sister! I'm an only child and most of the time I'm content with it, but I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a really close sibling bond xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig