Thursday 29 January 2015

Half-Way Point: 25 Before 25



Way back on the 1st July 2014 I made a list of 25 things I wanted to do before I hit 25 on 1st July 2015. I've slowly been trying to get through the list and I did promise you all an update at some point during the year. It's somewhere around the half-way mark now, so here's what I have achieved so far and what I have left to do in the next few months.

1.  Read War and Peace - will be happening in February/March thanks to Hanna

2. Learn a new language - I need to get on Duolingo

3. Run a half marathon in 1hr 50 - this isn't going to happen, but I did run a 10k in 51:20

4. Get a job I enjoy  I don't know about the enjoy part yet, but I have a new job at least!

5. Go to the top of the Shard (without panicking)

6. Read something out of my comfort zone

7. Learn a new skill

8. Visit a new country - planned for June

9. Go to five new cities/towns in the UK - so far Hastings, Lowestoft, Southwold

10. Get a new tattoo - more or less planned (sorry, Mum)

11. Do a tough mudder/mud run

12. Listen to a new genre of music Thanks, Spotify!

13. Walk over the Millennium Dome (again, without panicking)

14. Try a new sport

15. Plan a WW1 battlefield tour

16. Watch a Quentin Tarantino film

17. Watch The Lion King on stage

18. Go on a bookish trip

19. Climb a mountain

20. Go on a solo trip

21. Make a new friend

22. Complete a creative writing project - in progress

23. Re-learn the cello

24. Re-read all my childhood favourites

25. Finish reading the complete works of Wilkie Collins - in progress

I'm not actually sure whether I'm on track for this. I've completed some biggies (job, learn a new skill), but there are still a couple of huge ones left (there's lots of trips in there). 

I've found that having these specific bucket-list style goals has really helped with how I've planned my time. Knowing that there are things I want to achieve means that I spend less time, and less money, doing the things that I'm only half interested in.

Have you ever set time-limited goals for things you really want to do?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I turn 27 on Saturday and so, having read of your idea, I've decided to do 30 things before I turn 30. I'm looking forward to the adventures that will bring! One of those will be to start a blog, but I have no idea where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Yay! I'm kind of simultaneously excited and dreading this!

    2)
    Oh, use italki as well. You can talk to other native speakers via Skype
    as well as paying (quite cheaply) for actual language lessons (Skype
    again). I've found it really useful in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I have about a year left and have done about a third of the things on it. PS. Memrise is another great app for learning languages.

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig