Sunday 3 January 2016

December in Books




The Book Collector by Alice Thompson
Loop of Jade by Sarah Howe
The Shore by Sara Taylor
The Secret Place by Tana French
Where Three Roads Meet by Salley Vickers
A Coffin for Demitrios by Eric Ambler
Mystery in White by J. Jefferson Farjeon
The Night Before Christmas by Nikolai Gogol
A Snow Garden by Rachel Joyce

What a month for reading! It started off strong with The Book Collector and ended even stronger with A Snow Garden. So many favourites and so many new discoveries.

It would be impossible to pick a favourite for December as more than half of these books would battle for the top spot. Perhaps ever so slightly above the rest would be The Shore as that made my top 10 of 2015 for it's sheer beauty, lyricism and humanity.

The Secret Place was probably my least favourite, but that was a book club pick so I am looking forward to discussing it with the group in a week's time.

I tried something new this Christmas and read Christmassy books for the entire week. I never quite found my festive spirit this year, but reading seasonally certainly helped put me in the mood. Joyce's A Snow Garden also helped remind me how our experiences with Christmas differ hugely and pushed me towards making gratitude a priority in my life for 2016 and beyond.

Do you have a favourite book for December?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig