Sunday 24 January 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #47



1// Somerset I went on a flying visit back home this weekend to see my best friend and her new arrival. I spent Saturday snuggling her beautiful daughter and it was amazing.

2// A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson I finally started this sort-of sequel to Life After Life this week and I'm very excited about it. I've not had much time for reading so I'm snatching ten minutes here and there, but I'm in love already.

3// Time Out's Rising Stars evening at the Jazz Cafe Camden thanks to spotify I discovered the band Brother and Bones just before Christmas and I've listened to them non-stop ever since. They happened to be playing this week as part of Time Out's Rising Stars evening so I quickly grabbed Mike and I some tickets. It was an amazing evening and Brother and Bones were so good. Time Out host these evenings monthly so I'm sure I'll be going along to another in the future as they're a great way to discover new and upcoming bands and singers.

4// Swimming I managed to squeeze in two swims this week and I feel great for it. I'm still very fed up at not being able to run, but I'm quite enjoying feeling myself become a stronger swimmer.

5// Feeling supported at work sometimes my job can be pretty tough but I'm forever grateful for my team who are always on hand to share a laugh with and who seem to send around animal gifs at just the right moment.

What made you happy this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig