Sunday 10 January 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #45



I landed back in the working world with a bang and a deep sigh on Monday morning, after a delightful ten day break. I won't say it was easy readjusting to the 9-5, but I do love the routine a workday brings so I'm almost a tiny bit pleased things are moving again.

I've thrown myself into a lot of routines and slightly stricter schedules this week, including: regular 6am wake up and morning yoga, daily exercise and more commitment to other projects. By Friday I was exhausted, but it does feel good to be busy and I know I'll get used to it again in another week or so.

1// The Ballroom by Anna Hope I finished this novel early in the week and I am in love with it. It's due for release in February so I will talk about it more then, but rest assured I will be recommending it highly and most enthusiastically.

2// Updating my morning routine before Christmas I'd started to slip back into a love/hate relationship with my snooze button which I'm determined to stop. I love waking up before the rest of my flat and doing fifteen minutes of yoga before showering and getting ready for the day. It's hard to get up that bit earlier, but I do feel better for the extra time.

3// Feeling motivated although my motivation has dipped again this weekend, I did really well during the week to keep up with my workouts. I've been back to the pool and I'm sure that swimming is my new favourite thing. Forty minutes before work kept me energised - and calm - all day.

4// Getting to the bus stop at the same time as my bus on Friday after work need I say more?

5// Testament of Youth I re-watched this on Netflix and it was just as good as the first time. It made me cry more, but I think that's purely down to being in my own home and having access to all the tissues. I think this is a really well done film considering it has to cover so much. I'm pleased it avoids romanticising/sensationalising war.

What made you happy this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig