Sunday 17 January 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #46


1// Maggie O'Farrell In anticipation of O'Farrell's new novel coming in May I decided it was high time to read Instructions for a Heatwave, which has been languishing on my kindle since its release. I now regret not getting to it sooner because it is fantastic. Her characters are spot on and she writes family tensions perfectly.

2// Finding purpose again Over the last week or so I've been putting a lot of effort into my voluntary role as books editor of Centenary News. Some of you will have heard me talk about this before and it's something I love to do (yay WW1), but it's fallen by the wayside in recent months. It feels good to be back on track and I have so many ideas for the page.

3// Sunrises/sunsets This week we've had some spectacular sunrises and sunsets. It's been an absolute treat seeing the sky light up. The sky is perhaps my favourite thing to photograph so I was constantly whipping out my phone to try and capture the light.

4// Book club This week was the first meeting of the book club I set up at work. We talked about The Secret Place by Tana French (I shared our thoughts here) and I had so much fun. It was great to have the opportunity to talk about a book in detail (although I did tone down the enthusiasm a notch or two) and I look forward to our next meeting.

5// Courgetti I received a spiralizer for Christmas and have been furiously spiralizing ever since. I've been loving courgetti with pesto, cherry tomatoes and salmon. So simple, so healthy and so delicious!

What made you happy this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig