Saturday 7 February 2015

Ten More Ted Talks



A little while ago I shared my ten favourite Ted Talks, and since then my obsession has grown (and grown) and here is another ten I think you will love.

Brian Dettmer Old Books Reborn as Intricate Art

Elizabeth Gilbert Your Elusive Creative Genius

Morgana Bailey The Danger of Hiding Who You Are

Julian Treasure How To Speak So That People Want To Listen

Amy Cuddy Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are

Andrew Solomon Depression, the Secret We Share

Carol Dweck The Power of Believing That You Can Improve

Debra Jarvis Yes, I Survived Cancer. But That Doesn't Define Me

Eve Ensler Happiness in Body and Soul

Parul Sehgal An Ode To Envy

Love Ted Talks too? Share your favourite in the comments!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh maaan, more to watch! Though actually, that might be handy later. I think I'm coming down with something so if I could listen to something interesting while I potter a bit, that'd while away some time nicely. Thanks Ellie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much for this list and also the previous list. I have not gotten into TED talks but I've heard and read much about them. The first time I ever heard of them was actually in a novel about a woman married to a Microsoft exec - ("Where'd You Go Bernadette" by Maria Semple.) After I read about them in that novel, suddenly they were popping up everywhere. But how could I fit in yet another thing to watch? But your handy guides will help me. I don't have to poke around randomly trying to find where to start. I'll probably start with the Susan Cain one since I loved her book "Quiet".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome! It does help knowing where to start as there are so many. I quite often search for the tags I'm interested in (for example, books or literature) and I can then spend hours getting lost in what's on offer. The Susan Cain talk was one of the first I watched and still one of my favourites so I hope you enjoy - let me know!


    Also, Bernadette is such a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it never ends does it?! On the one hand I really hope you're not coming down with something because that's rubbish, but on the other hand I do hope you get to watch/listen to these because they're amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig