Sunday 8 February 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #13




1// Scandal It's been a while since I've been properly obsessed with a TV series, but I am seriously loving Scandal at the moment. It is, as the title suggests, wonderfully scandalous.

2// War and Peace This week marked the start of Hanna's War and Peace readalong and, I think I'm right in saying, we've all been shocked to find that it's good. Actually good! Not scary or intimidating or full of dusty Russian politics or confusingly long names. None of that (well, some of that). It's good, it's amusing and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.

3// Loving David Almond's adult fiction When I was younger my two favourite authors were Celia Rees and David Almond so when I heard that Almond also writes adult fiction, I approached it carefully. What if it was terrible and tarnished my fond memories? Thankfully, I was not disappointed and the novel was just as lyrically beautiful as I remember Heaven Eyes and Kit's Wilderness to be.

4// Trying a new chili recipe I treated myself to a new recipe book this week (Deliciously, Ella) with the goal of trying new, clean, healthy recipes. I made the Black Bean and Kidney Bean Chili and it was yummy, easy and perfectly freezable.

5// Dinner with my Dad Italian food, Italian wine and my Dad - doesn't get much better than that.

What has made you happy this week?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Did you ever think you'd be including War & Peace on a 'Things That Made Me Happy...' List? :p Seems kind of surreal, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does seem very surreal! Although to be honest, I loved Anna K and Crime and Punishment when I thought I wouldn't so maybe I just need to change my mindset and accept that I'm a lover of the Russian big dogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scandal is the best... totally lost reading last year when I discovered this. I love a got series but I'm trying so hard not to get distracted by tv at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig