Thursday 5 February 2015

January//February



January, you turned out to be such a special month. My hands have been chapped, my lips blue, and I've seriously considered buying a third hot water bottle, but you've been beautiful. Your sky at 7.30 in the morning has forced me to pause and catch my breath. Those tiny, snaking veins of ice on half-frozen puddles and the thick blankets of frost on windscreens remind me that beauty - and happiness - can be found in the smallest things and the most unassuming places.

As with all months you've brought me good days and bad days, but the bad days haven't felt as bad as they were. I've been working hard to lift my head, to smile, to see the world in a different light and it's working. It's progress at little more than a snail's pace, but I'm learning to not baulk at baby steps. I'm going for the tortoise, not the hare.

You've brought me revelations and clarity. I've been nervous, terrified, elated and gobsmacked all at the same time. I've discovered, I've experimented, I've made changes and I've made plans. There are still changes to be made and plans to be thought about, but I'm excited for February.

I finally feel like I'm moving forward, no longer fused to the spot.

Happy February, lovely people!

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Sounds like 2015 is off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite things about January: sparkling snow, frozen cobwebs, crystal clear nights with spectacular sunsets, the fact that I haven't slipped on ice ONCE, liberal pre-sleep exploitation of my electric blanket, binge-watching Parenthood and Community, snuggling up with the cat, free online jigsaw puzzles, taking giant steps towards a psych diagnosis that actually fits for the first time in 15 years, slowly eating my way through the multiple Terry's chocolate oranges I got for Christmas. Saving the best for last there. :D

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig