Thursday 11 April 2013

Bibliotherapy

Since Cat and Diana have recently brought it to my attention that obsessive book buying as a cure for the general stresses and unhappinesses of life is pretty much an acceptable thing with a technical name - bibliotherapy - I am going to share with you some more recent purchases without feeling even a shred of remorse. It's therapy. Can't say no to that.


Slaughterhouse-Five Kurt Vonnegut
Death in Venice Thomas Mann
A Farewell to Arms Ernest Hemingway
Short Stories Vol. 2 Rudyard Kipling (I have been looking for a book of Kipling stories that includes Mary Postgate and The Gardener for, like, ever. It would be a lie to say I didn't do a happy jig when I found this.)
Maybe This Time Alois Hotschnig (hello, translation challenge)
Books Burn Badly Manuel Rivas
The Lifeboat Charlotte Rogan (I have this on my kindle but I really wanted the paperback too. I did get it from Oxfam so it's not technically like I bought the same book twice. Right? Right?!)
Sophie's Choice William Styron
The Missing Ink Phillip Hensher

I realise I may have taken bibliotherapy to the extreme but I'm not sure anyone would expect anything less from me.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The best therapy! I did the same thing last week - feel no shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel nothing but that warm glowiness that comes from book buying!

      Delete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig