Sunday 30 August 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #33



1// Learning My new job has so far been a massive learning experience. I'm expected to know a lot about blood cancers and support services so there's been lots of research. It's been absolutely fascinating, even if it's a bit difficult to know at times.

2// Waking up early All week I've set my alarm extra early so I could have some time to myself before work. It feels good not to rush around and I'm certainly benefiting from the extra reading time. Next week I'm going to give morning pages a go and use the time to brush up on my writing skills.

3// A new tote My sister had a quick weekend trip to Paris last week and brought me back a new tote from the Shakespeare and Company bookshop. My old one is getting pretty battered now so it was a very exciting gift.

4// Midnight in Paris M and I watched this film yesterday and we both fell in love with it. I'm such a sucker for the lost generation (I'd call it an obsession really) so I don't know how I'd managed to miss this film.

5// Leaving drinks I ended my work week with my delayed leaving drinks from the NHS. It has only been a week, but it felt so good to see my old colleagues. We were such a close team because we'd been thrown together from day one so it felt a little weird not being with them this last week. Much wine was consumed and many giggles had - the perfect way to end a Friday.

What has made you happy this week? Share your link below and use #sharethehappy on twitter and instagram!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig