Sunday 16 August 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #31



1// Deliciously Ella's Lentil Bolognese I adapted this quite heavily (she never seems to include herbs/spices), but this was a great recipe for a basic veggie bol sauce. I had leftovers for my lunch on Friday and it certainly brought some joy to the day.

2// Manicures Last weekend my Mum came to visit, but unfortunately I was working so I only saw her in the evenings. I was off on Monday though and she stayed until then so we went to a local nail bar and had manicures. As ever I opted for a grey colour (I'm nothing if not predictable) and I absolutely love it. It's still going strong!

3// Parks and Recreation I've been watching this for the last couple of weeks and it never fails to have me in stitches.

4// Christina Broom at the Museum of London Docklands Yesterday we went for a long wander around East London and ended up at this museum to see an exhibition of Broom's photography in 'Soldiers and Suffragettes'. Broom is regarded as the UK's first female press photographer and the photographs exhibited here are fascinating. It's brilliant arranged exhibition and I'd recommend it to anyone with an interest in the period or photography as a medium.

5// The Handmaid's Tale M started reading this last week and I took the opportunity to read it with him. I have such a lovely edition (thank you second hand stores) and I'm enjoying it so far.

What has made you happy this week? Share your link below and use #sharethehappy on twitter and instagram!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig