Sunday 9 August 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #30




1// World War Z (ish) M lent me his copy of World War Z last week, complete with little sticky notes from his dissertation, and told me to read it. Now, I'm not usually one for anything remotely horror/zombie-related and post-apocalyptic stuff tends to just give me the heebie jeebies (hello, nightmares), but I really enjoyed this book. I adored the style (interviews) and felt it was such a refreshing way of writing a post-apocalyptic world. Yes, I may have one ear constantly listening out for zombie moans, but surely that's the sign of a good book?!

2// Long gym sessions I've been on early shifts this week which usually means I get home and dive straight into bed. Thanks to my #activeaugust challenge I've found the motivation to hit the gym and have managed to get back to hour-long sessions that leave me drenched, exhausted and grinning from ear to ear.

3// Cooking from scratch It's been so lovely to get in the kitchen and make my dinners from scratch this week. Beanie chilli on baked sweet potato is a must.

4// Banana and sunflower seed cookies These are the actual bomb. The recipe is from the Eat Yourself Happy cookbook and I'll be sharing it next week along with my thoughts on the book. The cookies have the consistency of banana bread with added crunch from the seeds - definitely a winner.

5// Open air theatre On Friday M, my sister and I walked to the Scoop on the South Bank, an open air venue for theatre, film and music. In August they do a month of free theatre so we took ourselves there with a picnic and a couple of ciders and settled in. I make the most of this every year and would recommend it if you fancy watching a play in the shadow of Tower Bridge.


What has made you happy this week? Share your link below and use #sharethehappy on twitter and instagram!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig