Wednesday 26 August 2015

Reading Wish List

I seem to be on such a roll with reading at the moment. I'm powering through books - new and from the towering TBR - and buying them at an unusual rate (recently I bought and devoured The Opposite of Loneliness and The Offering, both of which were brilliant). The one downfall of bookshop browsing is the inevitable number of additions to my reading wish list and this is one consequence I'm currently dealing with. I've made it easier for myself by pushing the following four books right to the top of the list:




Noonday by Pat Barker
I'm pretty sure I've shared my love of Pat Barker here before as she is one of my favourite authors - not just because she writes about World War One, mind. This is the third in the trilogy after Life Class and Toby's Room and I'm really interested to see where the characters go now.




Devotion by Ros Barber
A long time ago I reviewed Barber's debut novel in verse The Marlowe Papers and was completely in awe for the most part. She's gone with traditional prose for Devotion, but I still think it will be incredibly lyrical.




Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
Watching Gay's TED Talk has inspired me to add this to my list. Her points were so relevant and down to earth that I think we'll get along just fine.




Lady Constance Lytton by Lyndsey Jenkins
If I was going to say I have a heroine from the Suffrage Movement it would be Constance Lytton. I've been dying to read this biography since I heard about it via Lyndsey's twitter and I'm just waiting for the colder months so I can spend a few evenings curled up with it.

What's at the top of your wish list?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig