Sunday 2 August 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #29



1// Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time My sister treated us to tickets for this on Wednesday. It's a show I've been desperate to see since it started in the National so I was very excited for it. Thankfully it thoroughly lived up to expectations, if not surpassing them. The acting was great, the dialogue perfect, the visuals were stimulating and engaging, and it stuck wonderfully to the book. I'd really recommend it - we got tickets from lastminute.com and they were great seats and a good price FYI.

2// The Blacklock Before heading to the theatre we wandered around soho looking for somewhere to eat. We decided on The Blacklock, a restaurant my sister has been to before, which basically serves chops. All kinds of chops. I'm not a huge meat lover and tend to eat veggie or fish meals mostly, but the food was so tasty. Well cooked, well seasoned and accompanied by a very nice wine. Yum.

3// Life in Squares On Tuesday after my late shift I was feeling too wired to sleep so I went on catchup and put Life in Squares on. The Bloomsbury Group is one of my main interests in terms of art and writing so I was very intrigued. I really enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the next. Even cooler is the fact that is was filmed round the corner from where I used to work!

4// Every Seventh Wave by Daniel Glattauer I started this epistolary novel on Wednesday night and finished it on Friday morning. That's the fastest I've read a book in ages. It's written in emails and follows Emmi and Leo's complicated relationship/friendship. I really liked how it played out and, as ever, the epistolary format was a winner.

5// Lazy Saturdays I had big plans for yesterday, but I woke up in the mood to do nothing much. I achieved a lot - gym, food shopping, cleaning etc - but I also spent the late afternoon sat reading. I'm always so determined to make the most of having London on my doorstep, but sometimes it's best to just take a day doing life admin and taking a breather.



What has made you happy this week? Share your link below and use #sharethehappy on twitter and instagram!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig