Monday 11 March 2013

Musing Mondays





MusingMondays5

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.


Reading habit...obsessing over page numbers

I don't know why but I really have a thing for checking page numbers. Before I start a book I head straight to the back to see how many pages there are and then at various intervals during my reading I will do the maths to work out whether I'm a quarter of the way/half way through. I am pretty anti-numbers because they make my head go all fuzzy and I feel really stupid so I really have no idea why I do this. Maybe it's a competitive thing, wanting to know how much I've read and how much I've got left. Like a 'HA, I'm half way through you, War and Peace, take that!' Not that I will probably EVER read War and Peace. Yeh, that's not happening. 

So, bit of a random habit: constantly checking page numbers and working out my progress.

Anyone else do this? No? Just me? Ok, back to my corner I go.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. You're not alone! I do the name thing when I read books, hard-copies at least. I'm constantly checking page numbers, flipping back and forth to the end of the book or the next chapter and so on. I do it even when I'm enjoying the book, no clue why though. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's nothing to do with whether I enjoy it or not, I think it's just nice to know how far I've got and how far I've got left to go. That's the one problem with kindles.

      Delete
  2. Usually I only check the last page number before I start the book or sometimes once or twice more during reading if I've forgotten how many pages in the book. Here's my MM: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/musing-mondays-mar-11/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that too! I just like knowing the number of pages I'm dealing with. That doesn't keep me away from chunksters, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one. I still get a bit freaked out by the chunksters but it never stops me.

      Delete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig