Monday 4 March 2013

Musing Mondays





MusingMondays5

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.


It's Monday (yay) and I am reading A Moveable Feast by Earnest Hemingway. I only started this last night but so far I'm really enjoying it. I love Hemingway's writing style, it is so sparse yet so revealing. I think I am going to thoroughly enjoy meeting all the Modernists through his eyes, I've studied their work so much but know very little about their individual lives so I think in that respect this will be an entertaining and eye-opening book. This is my first book for A Modern March, I've got Faulkner and Woolf eagerly awaiting me on my shelf but after last month's somewhat harrowing selection of Holocaust literature I thought I'd start off lightly.

I suspect that, as is the trend, reading this will send me off on a whirlwind of lost gen reading...The Paris Wife, Z...

'All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know'

Happy Monday everyone, I've done a 9 mile run this morning and I start my new job today so I'm feeling particularly chipper and am hoping for good days all round.

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I am also reading a Hemingway, for the Modern March event. I was very apprehensive at first (don't have the fondest memories of Hemingway from school days), but to my surprise "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is rather good. Good luck with Woolf and especially Faulkner (my favourite).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had For Whom the Bell Tolls on my shelf for pretty much forever so maybe I ought to get around to that. I hadn't read him until I did postgraduate and even then I didn't love his work but recently something has clicked and I'm really enjoying him. Thanks, I think I'm going to need it!

      Delete
  2. I had read some of Hemingway's earlier works when I was young, but read A Moveable Feast after finishing The Paris Wife. It was a great experience!

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I'll be reading The Paris Wife when I've finished this one!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any Hemingway. Maybe I need to investigate his writing, and see what I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a very particular writing style, I think one of those that you either love or hate, but it is definitely rewarding reading.

      Delete
  4. Also have not read any Hemmingway.
    Here's what I'm reading: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/musing-mondays-mar-4/

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig