Sunday 19 July 2015

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #27



1// Persephone books Yesterday we popped into the Persephone Bookshop for a quick look as we happened to be in the area (I promise we only 'happened' to be there *looks shifty*). I treated myself to Wilfred and Eileen by Jonathan Smith which I've had my eye on since it came out. This novel is centres around the First World War and is based on the lives of Smith's grandparents. Persephone's selection of war novels is top notch and I'm sure this will be worthy of a space in the WW1 collection.

2// Chilling with Virginia and others Yesterday M and finally got around to doing something I've wanted to do for months - searching for blue plaques. I plotted us a route around Bloomsbury and west London and we set off walking. It was the perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday.

3// Meeting new people Friday saw M and I heading out to Loughton to spend the evening with some of his friends. It freaks me out meeting new people and I certainly had one too many for dutch courage, but it turned out to be a really brilliant night. Shame about the hangover yesterday!

4// Homemade chilli cheese fries I don't think I need to say anything about this point, except YUM.

5// Wedding planning with the bestie Today my best friend is here to do some wedding planning (her wedding, not mine!). It's been ages since we last saw each other so it's very exciting to have her here and to be talking about weddings.

What has made you happy this week? Share your link below and use #sharethehappy on twitter and instagram!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig