Sunday 7 February 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #48



1// Rooftop Book Club On Tuesday I took myself of to Carmelite House on Victoria Embankment for Headline's Rooftop Book Club featuring Maggie O'Farrell (squeeee) and Monica Wood. I had such a brilliant evening and am completely in awe of both authors. If you fancy reading more about the event, I wrote something about it here.

2// First Bite by Bee Wilson I've been loving this book this week. It's taking me a while to get through, but I think that's lack of time rather than anything else. Wilson's writing is great and she has found the perfect balance between fact and anecdote.

3// Sister time Although we live together, my sister and I struggle to actually find time to spend together. On Thursday we took ourselves out to dinner and had a good old chin-wag and catch up.

4// Delayed gratification and The Book of Mormon On Friday it was time for Mike to cash in on his Christmas present - tickets to see The Book of Mormon. I didn't think I'd be that keen on it - sometimes that humour is just crude - but actually I loved it and we had such a good night.

5// #LondonBookshopCrawl....well, what can I say about this fantastic day?! I was slightly nervous about finally meeting so many amazing bookish folk yesterday, but that soon disappeared when I arrived at Foyles and found everyone in the cafe. After a coffee and a pastry I quickly bought my first book of the day (poems by Mary Oliver) and so began the most bookish fun I think I've ever had. A huge thank you to Bex for organising it and to everyone for being wonderful.

All in all it's been a busy and tiring, but absolutely wonderful week! I'm also very glad to finally have the internet back at home.

What made you happy this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig