Sunday 21 February 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #49


1// Going solo On Wednesday before watching David Mitchell and Kazuo Ishiguro in conversation at the Southbank (read more about that here), I had a bit of time to kill and decided to go for dinner. I had intended to stick with one of my 'safe' cafes and just go to Eat, but being half term the place was rammed. Instead I ventured into Nandos just off Waterloo and managed to sit through a meal on my table for one. It's not the first time I've eaten out alone and I do still have quite strict boundaries (restaurants where you order yourself and get left alone tend to be the best), but it's always a boost to do something that scares you.

2// Action Most of you will have heard me moan about my messed up hips countless times, but for those who haven't I injured myself running a half marathon two years ago and have not recovered since. After over a year trying to sort it through exercises and acupuncture my physio has finally decided it's time for an MRI and a referral to orthopaedics. It's not exactly a happy thing really, but the thought of actually getting to the bottom of what's going on makes me feel so much better.

3// Daffodils and Roses nothing beats having fresh flowers around the house.

4// War and Peace I finally finished watching the BBC's War and Peace series this week. After my tears had subsided I went to my bookshelf and fished out my huge Anthony Briggs translation. I'll be re-reading it at some point, but I'm thinking of trying a different translation next time.

5// Light over the past week or so the mornings and evenings have started getting lighter. Even though I usually adore the winter, I've really struggled this year so the thought of more light in my life has really put a fire under me.

What has made you happy this week?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig