Sunday 12 October 2014

New In



This weekend I felt a particular need for some bibliotherapy. My sister just so happens to work a stones throw away from Waterstones Piccadilly and, as I was meeting her for her break, I proposed we meet there and delight in the bookish wonders together. I don't go to Waterstones Piccadilly much as I tend to hang out around Charing Cross Road and spend all my pennies in Foyles, so it made a nice change to get happily lost in a different bookshop. And, of course, I felt much better after buying three books I've had my eye on for some time.

He Wants by Alison Moore

After Me Comes the Flood by Sarah Perry

New Grub Street by George Gissing


My sister bought The Quick and To Rise Again at a Decent Hour.


Three cheers for bibliotherapy! Have you read any of these?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. PEL BOOK YESSSSSS. *Ellie approves* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you :D I was so impressed by how well priced they are compared to World's Classics etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And obviously super amazing looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just a bunch for my shelves too. Moby-Dick, Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility and The Picture of Dorian Gray. Two I've read and loved and need replacement copies for, two I haven't... perfect balance. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig