Sunday 6 March 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #51



1// Unexpected coffee dates my mum ended up in London on a course this week so we grabbed a couple of hours before her train home to drink herbal tea and have a chat. I don't get too see my parents too often so moments like this are wonderful.

2// Ticking things off I've been in the mood for getting things done this week and submitting my application for a PhD studentship was probably the biggest and most satisfying thing I've done in a long time. I'm not expecting to get it, but it made me feel good to go through the process of re-writing my CV and working on the application.

3// Harriet by Elizabeth Jenkins what a book! It felt like I was in turmoil the entire way through this novel and even now I've moved on to my next read, Harriet is lingering.

4// Starting new books I'm sure many of you feel the same but I adore the feeling of starting a new book and being so excited for what its pages might hold. I've started Pretty Is by Maggie Mitchell which is so far very good. One of the narrators talks a lot about Samuel Richardson's novel Pamela which I had to force my way through in uni, but I love how Mitchell is using it to link with the story.

5// Spending time in the countryside I've not left London since Christmas so it was about time I got some fresh air with Mike's family in Essex this weekend. I tend to get a little crazy if I don't get a break from London, particularly since starting work in Holborn, and the last month has been full of whole weekends spent in central London. Suffice it to say, I feel much better now.

What made you happy this week?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oooooh PhD! Very exciting! (Potentially. But also just that you're thinking about it really!) my happy this week has been in having a WHOLE WEEKEND which hasn't happen for 4 weeks! So happy :)

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig