Sunday 1 December 2013

#readWilkie


It's the beginning of December and #readWilkie is officially over (I'm holding back sobs as I type). It was a wonderful month full of Wilkie goodness. I loved chatting to you all - let's do that again sometime - and I have loved reading your thoughts on The Moonstone as we've read it. Basically, November turned out to be a pretty spiffing month. How has it been for you? Wilkie-tastic? Or a Wilkie flop?

My thoughts on The Moonstone will go up tomorrow (or later today, depending on wifi) and later in the week I will post a review of Peter Ackroyd's brilliant biography that I cannot recommend enough. 

In the meantime, let me know how your month went and whether you intend on meeting Wilkie again in the future. Below is a linky thing to link your reviews/wrap-ups. 

Thanks for joining in, you've all been wonderful!



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm looking forward to your thoughts. I loved the event!

    Today I read the extras in my copy about Wilkie's life and other works, and thought of which of his novels I'd like to try next. Or maybe biography instead, because he sure seemed to live interesting life. Ezra Jennings seemed to have similarities to Wilkie's own life what with illness and opium, that was an interesting afterthought. Oh, I also learned that Wilkie's first daughter's name was Marian, which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely Wilkie-tastic for me! Thanks again for organising :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts: loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!

    I'm behind on posting thoughts because I got stuck decorating yesterday but they'll be up tonight hopefully! I had so much fun though - obviously Wilkie was great but reading it at the same time as you all was super fun. Thanks for being the hostess with the mostest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't QUITE finished it! I was a bit behind at the halfway point, and thanks to a little detour into the world of The Hunger Games before I go to see Catching Fire this week, I was even further behind by the end of November! Oh well, I was still reading Collins, just a different one. :P

    I'm so close to the end now - I'm just starting Ezra Jennings's narrative - so I'll probably post a second-half roundup this week AND then a review later. THANK YOU FOR PEER PRESSURING ME INTO READING WILKIE, I've loved every minute of it! And still the big ending to go... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FINISHED AND LINKED! I'm not sure if I'm actually going to actually review it yet, but I've linked to my long, rambly and GIF-fuelled (but mercifully bullet-pointed) second-half post instead, which is MUCH more fun. :D

      Delete
  5. Very Wilkie-tastic for me. I'm so glad I joined in. I've loved this readalong, and we must definitely do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest I loved this event more than I loved the book (except Drusilla because she is perfect.) You ladies were so enthusiastic! I think that I will read more Wilkie. I might just wait a few months rather than jump right into a Wilkie Winter!

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig