Wednesday 6 November 2013

At the moment I am...

Reading...I'm immersing myself in Wilkie right now (I could think of worse things!). I'm maybe just over a quarter of the way through The Moonstone and completely addicted. Wilkie has this way of making the characters so alive and the story so intriguing that makes me not want to stop reading. I'm also reading Peter Ackroyd's recent biography of Wilkie which is written well and really interesting. Poor old Wilkie, he was a bit of an oddball but so darn lovely.
Saw this in Waterstones on Saturday. I resisted. It was hard, but I did it.
Writing...I'm working on a really exciting new voluntary project which hopefully I will be able to shout about soon but otherwise, much as ever.

Listening to...I've got a little bit of a thing for Walk the Moon at the moment. The album is so upbeat and cheering for these dark wintry nights.

Looking forward to...the weekend (as usual). My sister and I are planning on going to an 80s/90s night in Camden on Saturday night in celebration of the fact she has an entire weekend off (which never ever ever happens). 

Hankering for...a run. The dark evenings are really putting me off going at the moment. It's hard to find the motivation to go and high vis isn't the most flattering of clothing, particularly when it is lycra high vis (avert your eyes, people, save your sight). Although I am really tempted to try out the whole audiobook whilst running idea so maybe when I download an audiobook (any recommendations?), I will magically discover that lost motivation.

How is your week going? Reading anything good? Looking forward to anything?



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ah, Lycra high via - my least favourite thing about winter! I tried running with audiobooks but couldn't decide if I liked it - I listened to Tina Fey's autobiography and it was funny so I kept laughing. Which didn't help my running and made me look like a lunatic...I don't usually read (or listen to) autobiographies but she reads it herself and there's a lot about being a woman in the tv industry that I really liked. So I'd recommend that! I went back to my trusty iPod after that though so I'm not much good for general recommendations...

    Also, obviously, WILKIE! I'm about a quarter of the way through too and I love it - I thought it would be less gripping or harder to get into than it has been so colour me pleasantly surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THANK YOU ELEANOR. Not only have you got me reading Wilkie, but now I magically have not one, but TWO biographies of him on my wishlist as well. *drops head into hands and wails* *is actually secretly quite gleeful about ALL THE WILKIE* :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed running while listening to Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running--the whole running/writing metaphor really motivated me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're enjoying The Moonstone, I absolutely loved it and like you found it completely addictive.
    And the dark evenings suck. Now I leave home in the dark and return in the dark :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also planning to read a Wilkie biography after these novels - "bit of an oddball" :D

    And dark evenings kinda suck :/

    Hope you will have awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hankering for Wilkie! Beginning to wish I'd jumped in on the Moonstone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you go to the 80s night? And if so did you enjoy it? Hope so! I love a good 80s night though it must be so long since I've been to one! I haven't read Wilkie Collins but I really should. I also want to start running!

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig