Thursday 22 November 2012

Seven deadly sins of reading


So this is a tag I have seen floating around the BookTube community. I particularly like the video WordsofaReader made in case you're interested. I think this tag is brilliant so I thought I'd blog it (mostly because you would not want to see me on camera).

Greed - what is your most expensive and inexpensive book?
Most of the books I had to read for uni I bought from the amazon marketplace for about 1p and then paid postage, but the most inexpensive book I own that was also an amazing book stall find is the Virago edition of Sylvia Townsend Warner's diaries. It was about £2 from an open-air stall in London: bargain.

I have an amazingly beautiful RSC edition of the Complete Works of Shakespeare which cost me an arm and a leg. To make matters worse I don't even read from it as I have all the plays in seperate editions. It does make my shelves look pretty though.

Wrath - which author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Easy one: Virginia Woolf. She is an absolute babe and To The Lighthouse is arguably one of my favourite novels, but sometimes I just feel like shouting 'spit it out!'

Gluttony - which book have you devoured over and over?
My list of books still to be read is so long I don't generally allow myself to re-read books. Saying that, Old Magic by Marianne Curley is a book I have always found time for since my first reading of it when it came out (FYI this is a rare appearance of YA/teen fiction).

Sloth - which book have you neglected due to laziness?
Vera Brittain's Testament of Youth. Shamefully, considering my obsession with WW1 literature.

Pride - which book do you talk about to sound intellectual?
I don't often brag about things I've read. I will occasionally chuck Freud out there or mention my dissertation topic, however.

Lust - what attributes do you find attractive in characters?
Give me the dark, brooding, slightly moody type any day. Why, hello, Mr Rochester.

Envy - what book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I have a wish list as tall as me but I would positively kill for the entire Persephone catalogue.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig