Sunday 17 April 2016

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #53



1// Reader, I Married Him On Wednesday I attended an event about this new anthology based on Jane Eyre. It was a lovely evening and I was completely star-struck throughout - Tracy Chevalier and Helen Dunmore are perhaps two of my favourite authors (they're the reliable type, who always write fantastic books) and they both signed my book. I didn't know what to say so I think I just squeaked a thank you and ran away, but still. It's a really amazing anthology and I'd recommend it to any fans of Jane Eyre.

2// Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski Another winner from Persephone Books! This is a strangely tense novel and so brilliant. It's set in France shortly after WWII and follows Hilary Wainwright on his search for his lost son. It's full of will he/won't he and is he/isn't he moments and I found myself hooked to the very end.

3// Sunny lunches in the park The weather has been ridiculously changeable this week. One minute it's warm, sunny and springlike and the next it's cold and absolutely chucking it down. Earlier in the week though I did manage a couple of lunches in the park. I love to find a spot and settle in with my homemade salad and book.

4// Wilkie and Wyndham Some of you will have heard about my new additions on twitter, but for those who haven't Wilkie and Wyndham are my guinea pigs and rather gorgeous ones at that. Wilkie is a shy fella, and so is Wyndham, but his stomach usually helps him overcome the anxiety. I've not kept guineas since I was at school so I'm still relearning how best to look after them and bring them out of their shells (any suggestions would be welcome!). I adore them and I love having them to come home to after a hard day at work.

5// Walking This weekend we've walked absolutely miles (around 15, to be exact). We didn't have any destination in mind, just set off in a random direction and wandered, stopping every now and then for a coffee or a cider before winding our way back home with sore feet and tired legs.

What made you happy this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig