Friday 24 April 2015

Hello, world!



So I guess it's been a while, huh? If you're still there then thank you for sticking around during my prolonged absence! Way back when I started my new job (a whole six weeks ago now, *lifts jaw of the floor*), I knew that I was going to take a wee break just to settle in and find my feet, but I didn't anticipate that finding my feet would take such a long time.

I don't know how many of you know, but six weeks ago I started working for the NHS in a role created in partnership with Macmillan. It's brand new for the trust I work for, brand new for Macmillan, actually, entirely brand new - this has never been tried before. It's challenging, exciting, rewarding and, at the moment, pretty frustrating. Yep, three weeks of induction and training somehow turned into six weeks of induction and training. I'm learning a lot about a lot of things, but now I'm pretty ready to just get cracking and help some people. The start date is set for next Monday so we shall see.

That more or less sums up the reason for my complete radio silence over here and my quieter than usual presence on social media. I've also been pretty busy with life things and trying to put a good amount of time into the Centenary News books page - if you're interested in WW1 I have posted the odd review on there, plus lots of recommendations for WW1 related reads. Shameless plug over.

I can't be entirely sure that things will get back to normal here immediately, but I do know I have missed sharing this space with you guys and chatting everything happiness and books. Here's to hoping that you've missed it, too!

I think things are going to change a little for Lit Nerd. I've been thinking about tweaking my focus a tad so that The Happiness Project takes centre stage. I've been considering this change for a while, in part because I don't seem to read as much as I used to, but also because focusing on happiness does wonders for me and I really hope it can do the same for you. There will still be a focus on bookish goodness and the occasional review as books are obviously the number one thing on my happy list, but I'm going to have a fiddle with the format until I find something really worthy of lit nerdiness.

Basically I'm just going to try and pick up where I left off and see how it goes. There may be an element of winging it, but that can be good for the soul every now and then.


Anyway guys, over to you! How have you been? Read any good books lately? Any thoughts about what you'd like to see on Lit Nerd in the next few weeks and months?

P.S. Have I said I've missed you yet? Or that you're all kinda awesome and lovely?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Welcome back! And congratulations on the new job, that sounds so exciting! I hope you figure out exactly what you want this blog to become -- I'm sure it'll be great

    ReplyDelete
  2. How odd, indeed! How is it going for you?


    I'm still super gutted that I couldn't keep up with the readalong D: War and Peace is still next to my bed so I'm going to get to it again very soon (or so I keep telling myself).


    Thank you, Hanna. It does feel good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete

© Lit Nerd. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig